Giki, which stands for Get Informed, Know your impact, is a Social Enterprise and our mission is to help people live sustainably.
All of our team work at Giki because we want to help people cut carbon emissions and we’re supported by amazing specialists and experts from the academic, scientific, education and business communities.
Co-Founder, Business & Communities
Co-Founder and data scientist
Research & Communities
A message from our founders
“We believe that everyone of us can play a part in protecting the environment. There is so much we can do as individuals, with our friends, our families and our colleagues – and that is why we set up Giki.
We want to help people live more sustainably and we believe that starts with good information, provided at the right time in an easy to use way.”
Jo and James Hand
Board and Advisors
Executive Chair CDP and co-host Outrage + Optimism
COP 26 Climate Action Champions’ Team, Leadersquest Partner
Professor Tim O’Riordan
Emeritus Professor of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia
Global Director of Corporations and Supply Chains, CDP
Head of Government Inclusive Economy Unit
Dr Richard Carmichael
Research Associate and Co-Leader of the Behaviour Change in Energy and Environment Policy Research Network, Imperial College London
Steph du Plooy
Chief Scientific Officer & Co-Founder at Field Doctor
Head Counsel, Digital & Compliance, Richemont
Our Net Zero commitment
Our Tech Zero pledge – We’re committed to net zero
At Giki Social Enterprise, we’re committing to reach net zero emissions. We did it in 2020 and we intend to keep doing it!
This means limiting our company’s carbon footprint in line with keeping global warming to below 1.5°C – the critical level of heating to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis.
The commitments we’re making
As part of our net zero commitment, we will:
- Measure all our global organisation’s greenhouse gas emissions, including scope 3, and report them publicly each year.
- Publish more details about how we plan to reach net zero by the end of 2021.
- Appoint a member of our executive team to be responsible and accountable for our net zero target.
- Communicate our climate commitments in other meaningful ways, including to our customers.
- Report our progress on short and medium term targets to our Board annually, and on our website.
You can read more about exactly how we’re doing it here