Giki is an official Race to Zero Accelerator in recognition of our commitment and alignment with Race to Zero’s criteria. Giki is the first employee engagement Accelerator, and we are excited to support this incredible global initiative.
Our commitment is to accelerate sustainable behaviours to help achieve Race to Zero goals. We will achieve this through knowledge building and upskilling events, with the Climate Champions Team to drive sustainable behaviours to help achieve the goal of halving emissions by 2030.
A challenging target, but accelerating climate actions today is achievable if people, companies, and policy all work together.
To support the Race to Zero campaign, we’ve pledged to:
- Use our expertise and experience, and award-winning science-based platform and comprehensive engagement programme to engage citizens and employees of organisations within Race to Zero on ways to achieve net zero and build sustainable behaviours.
- Share our knowledge and tools for entities seeking to join the Race to Zero.
- Host events throughout the year, raise awareness of the campaign in our Chief Greenie network and with the organisations we already partner with.
Why is Race to Zero such an amazing campaign?
Race to Zero members are all committed to the same overarching goal – reducing emissions across all scopes swiftly and fairly in line with the Paris Agreement, with transparent action plans and robust near-term targets.
It’s a tough goal, but the Race to Zero already has over 11,000 non-state actors from across 116 countries dedicated to achieving it:
- 8,307 businesses
- 1,136 cities
- 52 regions
- 595 financial institutions
- 1,125 educational institutions
- 65 healthcare institutions representing well over 3,000 hospitals
These members make up (conservatively) around 15% of the global economy and 11% of total CO2 emissions. All these organisations have met the minimum criteria for robust net zero commitments laid out by the Race to Zero alliance – in short, they’re at the vanguard of positive change and help us race to halve emissions faster.
Giki is just one of 20 amazing organisations worldwide named Accelerators and will be a key partner in enhancing the credibility of Race to Zero and supporting organisations striving to halve emissions and engage and educate their staff in sustainability.
If you’d like help embedding sustainable behaviours and employee engagement as part of your sustainability strategy and the goal of halving emissions by 2030 and net zero by 2050 or to find out how to join the Race to Zero, get in touch.