A job with a wide ranging role at a social enterprise with a clear environmental mission.
Giki Social Enterprise is looking for a Business Development and Communications Director to spread the word about Giki to both individuals and companies. You’ll be joining a social enterprise with a big mission – to help people live more sustainably. We value a bundle of qualities: open-mindedness, technical skill, good decision-making, being practical and kindness. The job will suit someone who is versatile, happy working in a fast moving start up and passionate about the environment and sustainability.
Please submit a short paragraph telling us why you’d like to work for Giki including an example of your best idea for helping people to live more sustainably.
Leading the strategy and creating the content to raise awareness about Giki
- We currently have an active email marketing list, presences on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and a well visited website. We want you to come up with a coordinated plan, which you’ll be responsible for delivering, that grows all of these.
Building relationships with companies
- Giki already has a successful free app, Giki Badges. We’re about to launch a second product, Giki Zero, which is an eco planner that will help people understand, and reduce, their environmental impact.
- We want you to plan our sales strategy, build a pipeline and ensure that Giki Zero generates revenue to help us fund our free app and the free version of Giki Zero for individuals.
Any of the following skills would also be useful:
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience creating and leading a social media campaign
- Comfortable putting yourself out there and making cold approaches to people and organisations
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience selling a product or building a business
- Willing to work from home with regular team meetings face-to-face